Celebrate Pink Flamingo Day
Let’s celebrate Pink Flamingo Day!
History of Pink Flamingo Day
Pink Flamingo Day was declared in 2007 by Dean Mazzaralla, the mayor of Leominster, MA to honour the work of Don Featherstone, creator of the plastic lawn flamingo. Show your love for pink flamingos on Pink Flamingo Day!
When is National Pink Flamingo Day?
Pink Flamingo Day is June 23. Be sure to mark your calendars well in advance so you don’t miss it!
Five things you can do to celebrate Pink Flamingo Day
- Decorate your front yard on June 23 each year with pink plastic flamingos in celebration. A minimum of four flamingos is required to have a decent size flock. Buy two sets of these pink flamingos to have yourself a nice little flock in your yard.
- Stage a lawn flamingo flocking of your entire neighbourhood. Hit as many houses as your budget and flock allow. What a great way to share the lawn flamingo love!
- Wear a lawn flamingo costume . Buy one, or make your own!
- Draw a picture of a pair of lawn flamingos .
- Can’t draw? Print and colour pictures of lawn flamingos . This is a great way to get the kids involved in lawn flamingo fun.